[I18n-sig] Re: Patch 101320: doc strings

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 15:14:34 +0200 (MET DST)

[Barry A. Warsaw]
> So maybe for /docstrings/ there should be one domain, and then each module
> can have it's own domain for its own additional translatable strings?

[Fran=E7ois Pinard]
> I do not understand the advantage of doing this.  Of course, if we do
> not need the translation of docstrings, these should not be collected
> for translation.  But if they get collected, there is no reason to have
> a separate domain for them.  It is just natural that they be part of the
> domain for the collection of modules they are part of.

How would you access the doc strings? Today, I do

>>> import httplib    =20
>>> print httplib.HTTP.__doc__
This class manages a connection to an HTTP server.

Now, how do I get to the translation of this message?