[I18n-sig] case insensitivity for Python 3K

Henry S. Thompson ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
22 May 2000 11:24:32 +0100

Without wanting to move the flamewar wrt this  topic over here from
the main list, I'd observe that if there's any thought of moving
beyond ASCII for identifiers in Python 3K, then case insensitivity is
a potentially _very_ confusing and confounding move:  case folding is
just not well-formed in lots of linguages, including real obscure ones
such as French :-).

ht