[I18n-sig] Re: [XML-SIG] Re: Unicode debate

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 05 May 2000 10:59:55 -0400

[Moving this discussion to i18n-sig, where it belongs]

> > from http://dev.scriptics.com/man/tcl8.3/TclLib/StringObj.htm
> >
> >     Tcl_NewUnicodeObj(Tcl_UniChar* unicode, int numChars)
> >
> >     Tcl_NewUnicodeObj and Tcl_SetUnicodeObj create a new
> >     object or modify an existing object to hold a copy of the
> >     Unicode string given by unicode and numChars.
> >
> >     (Tcl_UniChar* is currently the same thing as Py_UNICODE*)
>
> Any way this can be exploited in Tkinter?

Yes -- I just checked in a patch to _tkinter that uses
Tcl_NewUnicodeObj() when a Unicode string is passed to Tcl (for Tcl
8.2 and later).