[Python-Dev] Re: [I18n-sig] Unicode strings: an alternative

Thu, 4 May 2000 15:43:42 -0500 (CDT)

    Just> Sorry for the duplication of stuff, but I'd like to reiterate my
    Just> points, to separate them from my implementation proposal, as
    Just> that's just what it is: an implementation detail.

    Just> These things are important to me:

For the encoding-challenged like me, does it make sense to explicitly state
that you can't mix character widths within a single string, or is that just
so obvious that I deserve a head slap just for mentioning it?

--
Skip Montanaro, skip@mojam.com, http://www.mojam.com/, http://www.musi-cal.com/
"We have become ... the stewards of life's continuity on earth.  We did not