[I18n-sig] Codecs

Brian Takashi Hooper brian@garage.co.jp
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 00:05:48 +0900

This issue came up before on this list, I think Andy Robinson suggested
it before in the midst of a lot of other Unicode musings.  One thing I
remember Andy mentioned was that a codec object could then additionally
contain methods in addition to those required by the codec API, for
example a method to fix broken legacy encoding input strings, etc.

Personally, I would be happier to get an object back from
codecs.lookup(), one vote in favor if it matters.

Are there any good reasons to prefer getting a tuple back from codecs.lookup()?

--Brian