[I18n-sig] i18n talk at Monterey in July

Andy Robinson andy@robanal.demon.co.uk
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:43:15 GMT

The submissions deadline for the July Open Source conference in
Monterey is tomorrow.  I'd like to ensure that there is a slot for
Python internationalisation (say 45 minutes), to show how to use the
Unicode features and encodings library and explain some of the
problems we are trying to solve.  This could be great fun - we can do
nice visuals with the Japanese stuff - and will be relevant as 1.6
will be out around then.

I will do this myself if needed, but is anyone else willing to
co-present and help prepare the talk? =20

The programme itself won't be published in print for some time, so I
guess dropping out later is allowed, but names must go on draft
proposals today/tomorrow. =20

(e.g. Marc-Andre, Brian, Cyrus?)

Who's planning to be there, anyway?

- Andy Robinson