[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs 1.2 released

Tamito KAJIYAMA kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 04:40:17 +0900

Hi all,

I've released JapaneseCodecs 1.2.  As usual, the package is
available at:

  http://pseudo.grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp/~kajiyama/python/

Changed files have been checked into the CVS repository, too.

Here is an excerpt from README.en:

| o Version 1.2 <16 December 2000>
|   - All codecs are moved into the "japanese" module.
|   - The packages is now installed into $lib/site-packages/.
|   - The ISO-2022-JP codec now maps 0x5c and 0x7e to U+00A5 (yen
|     mark) and U+00AF (overline), respectively, when JIS X 0201
|     Roman is designated.
|     (Thanks to SUZUKI Hisao <suzuki611@okisoft.co.jp>)
|   - New codec for ISO-2022-JP plus JIS X 0201 Katakana is added.
|     (Thanks to SUZUKI Hisao <suzuki611@okisoft.co.jp>)
|   - New codecs for JIS 0201 X Roman and Katakana are added.

JapaneseCodecs is no longer installed into $lib/encodings.
Moreover, Japanese codecs are packed into the "japanese" codecs
package.  A few examples of the new codec names are
japanese.euc-jp, japanese.sjis, and japanese.iso-2022-jp.

For those who participated in discussions on the naming of an
ISO-2022-JP variant, the implementation of packaged codecs, and
problems concerning codec aliases: Thanks a lot!!

Best regards,

--
KAJIYAMA, Tamito <kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp>