[I18n-sig] Mixed encodings and XML

Tom Emerson tree@basistech.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:05:43 -0500

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
> > Convert all of those sections into Unicode, using UTF-8 as the
> > encoding form. You could write a trivial Python script to do this for
> > you.
>
> Not what I need, unfortunately.  The whole point of the exercise is
> to have examples in the actual encodings.

And the point of that is what? They will display (most probably) as
jibberish within the browser... or is that the point?

> Hmm?  My docbook tool is simply 4XSLT, which handles the individual encodings
> just fine now.

Sure, but if you want to generate a LaTeX (and from there PDF or PS)
version you're screwed, AFAIK. If you are just generating HTML then
you're OK.

    -tree

Zenkaku Language Hacker                            http://www.basistech.com