[PyHealthcare] ANN: python-hl7 0.2.1 released

John Paulett john at paulett.org
Wed Aug 31 03:23:47 CEST 2011

python-hl7 v0.2.1 includes a simple MLLP client for sending HL7
messages to a MLLP server [1]

There is a MLLPClient class you can use via Python.  However, you can
also use a command line tool (mllp_send) for uploading a HL7 file to
an MLLP server.  Under the hood, I am using the socket module, so
python-hl7 still has no external run-time dependencies.

Documentation: http://python-hl7.readthedocs.org/
Code: https://github.com/johnpaulett/python-hl7
Changelog: http://python-hl7.readthedocs.org/en/latest/changelog.html

I tested the mllp_send tool against Mirth and it worked nicely.

I am trying to slowly add functionally.  Luke's changes (attributes
via Mirth's XML definitions) are still in my queue.

I will submit this package to Debian.

John

[1]: http://www.hl7.org/v3ballot/html/infrastructure/transport/transport-mllp.html