[GSoC-general] Reminder: GSoC proposals due April 2 at 1800 UTC

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Mon Apr 1 01:46:37 EDT 2024

Hey all,

Quick reminder that the proposal deadline is coming up soon on April 2
at 1800 UTC.

We always see a few people who mis-calculated timezones, had a
crippling moment of imposter syndrome, or a technical problem at the
last second.  Please get something in to
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/ now -- you can change it until the
last second, but if you don't have any application in the system when it
closes there's nothing we can do for you.

I will say that I'm still seeing a few project ideas that have 0
applicants in the system right now, so you may have a really good chance
if you get something in!

Don't forget to add the name of your sub-org in the title of your
proposal as it's displayed in the google system.  It really helps us
find you!

Here's some more instructions on how to apply:
https://python-gsoc.org/index.html#apply

And I'm already seeing a number of proposals in the system that aren't
likely to get chosen by any mentor.  If you're worried that might be
you, make sure you're not doing anything on this list:
https://python-gsoc.org/index.html#bad

  Terri
Python GSoC Org Admin