[group-organizers] Lightning talks?

Peter J. Farrell pjf at maestropublishing.com
Wed Sep 2 08:43:32 CEST 2015

We've done a couple of things at PyMNtos (http://python.mn) ...

1) A designated laptop with suggestion to use something like Google
Slides or other online service. This has a couple pitfalls -- people
either have to login to get slides or make them public in advance.
And, no terminal / live examples.

2) A Google Chromecast.  The only prereq is to have Chrome and
Chromecast plugin installed.  A Chromecast can cast an entire screen
(not just a tab).  It works with Linux, Windows, and OSX.  Pitfall fall
has been *one* laptop that due to security restrictions couldn't
install Chrome / Chromecast plugin.  Also, bad wifi can cause issues,
but that hasn't been a problem for us.

HTH,
Peter
Manager of PyMNtos