[group-organizers] Student groups Re: meeting locations

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Jun 1 19:44:25 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Mathieu Leduc-Hamel <marrakis at gmail.com>
wrote:

> And try also to diverse the kind of venues. Reaching software companies is
> great, but it is important also to reach students, people from the game
> industry, open data, etc...

Have you heard about Open Source Comes to Campus? <
http://discourse.openhatch.org/>

I've helped with it a few years in the Chicago area. It's helpful to do if
you have contacts with students who are interested in running one. The
students I've worked with have mostly graduated by now, and didn't pass on
the torch.

But it is pretty cool, and I think you could try one of these out. In my
opinion I'd rework the schedule to get more project activity going. That
seems the promising part of the event, but we've run out of time for it
most times. I think it depends on the experience levels of hte students you
are working with and whether you have some projects with maintainers who
are available for hte workshop.

shekay at pobox.com