[group-organizers] Introducing PythonDominicana

Jorge Vargas jorge.vargas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:21:46 CEST 2013

Hello all,

I'll like to tell you a bit about what we have been doing so far in the
Dominican Republic.

The usergroup has been around since late last year. Our first event was
sept 25. And so far we have been meeting every two weeks, with the
exception of xmas break. For a total of 14 sessions. Right now we have
about 20 regulars and another 20 that go depending on the subject and we
are looking for ways to expand and have a bigger reach.

Every talk we have had has been documented and are stored in the "events"
section of our G+ page bit.ly/PythonDominicana were we have over 150
followers we also launched python.do which is our community website back in
January. We recently started a facebook group (due to popular demand)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pythondo/, we have a twitter account but
that isn't used much https://twitter.com/pythondominican we also have
several videos up at http://www.youtube.com/user/pythondominicana

and it think's that's about it.