[group-organizers] Evening session?

David Christian david.christian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 01:49:51 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 8:45 AM, John Szakmeister <john at szakmeister.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM, David Christian
> <david.christian at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I always enjoy the hour-long open spaces that pop up around user
>> groups at PyCon.  However, I happen to know that there's much more
>> knowledge to be shared than can possibly be covered in an hour.  I've
>> been to two successful all-day community leadership unconferences -
>> covering topics like setting up video, turning community members into
>> leaders, budgets for conferences, getting sponsorships and speakers,
>> etc.
>>
>> So: anybody interested in having an evening session on user groups?
>> Alternatively, anybody interested in dinner and/or drinks instead?

I'm glad to see so much interest!  I've created a wiki page where we
can keep track of topics that people are interested in talking about
and which day works for the most people, in case folks have plans on
either Friday or Saturday.  I'll make this work either way.

At this point I'm thinking doing things at the hotel will just
simplify a large amount of the organizing burden, so we'll stick with
that for now.

OK, so here is the link: if you're planning on attending, please add
your name to the list and add a topic that you want to see (or add a
+1 to one that you're excited about):

http://us.pycon.org/2010/openspace/UserGroupEveningSession/

Happy valentines day, folks, and see you later this week!

NYC Python Organizer - http://meetup.com/nycpython/