[group-organizers] Fwd: Announcing the Python North West mailing list

Giacomo Lacava g.lacava at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:04:00 CEST 2007

Hi guys,
as you can see from the email below, we just launched a ML for
pythoneers based in the North West of England, capitalizing on a
fantastic PyconUK event hold by our friends in the West Midlands. The
response has been good so far (12 members n 24 hours).

I've read all the advice posted on this list and I'll try to follow it
in the next few months. I added it to the wiki page and (sensibly)
spammed the local python and linux lists, do you think I should also
send it to the newsgroups?

Is there anything else that needs to be done to "make it official"?

I was also thinking about opening a facebook group, which would only
be used to point people to the real list. (The Facebook guys should
really find a way of integrating mailing lists in their group, but
anyway.) Does anyone know any other online community which we should
make aware?

Best Regards,
Giacomo Lacava