[Grants-discuss] Size limit?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 18:00:42 CEST 2004

[Waldemar Augustyn]
> I just posted my proposal to psf-grants and got rejected due to the size
> of file (?!!!):

>> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>>
>> The reason it is being held:
>>
>>    Message body is too big: 349819 bytes with a limit of 40 KB

It's not a rejection -- as it says, the message is being held for
moderator review, because of its size.  A human needs to review it.

> Maybe that limit of 40k could be increased?  Otherwise, I do not know
> what to do.

Nothing bad happened yet, so don't panic yet.  The point of holding
large messages for human review is to prevent viruses from getting
sent automatically to all list subscribers (most viruses are at least
40KB, but few legitimate messages are so large).