[Python Glasgow] Dojo next month 13th May

Dougal Matthews dougal at dougalmatthews.com
Wed Apr 23 15:16:10 CEST 2014

Hey all,

tl;dr - tickets: http://pythonglasgow-dojo-may-2014.eventbrite.co.uk/

Next month we are running another Dojo! Twig are graciously hosting
us again and will be providing pizza and beer to fuel your coding.
You will want to press buzzer 32 (4th floor) at the following address:

    4th Floor
    14 North Claremont Street
    G3 7LE
    Glasgow

Twig are looking for people again:
Server side dev: https://gist.github.com/aaronbassett/b51835d7ff6cefb5d7fa
DevOps: https://gist.github.com/aaronbassett/fee751df115d62ff9e65
Junior server side dev:
https://gist.github.com/aaronbassett/ecc09f043fdbe2b55b52

For those of you that don't know, a dojo is a fun coding event where
we split into teams and hack on a problem for about 90-120 minutes.
The focus is to create something in that time - you can either hack
around, follow strict test driven development or any other process
you like. It's great fun and ideal for learning too.

*All* levels of Python ability are welcome as you can contribute to
your team with ideas and discussion. This is a great way to start
learning Python.

Last month we all created “Dojo idea generators” so at this Dojo I
expect to see all sorts of interesting ideas on the wall! Most of the
code written is on GitHub[1]:

To find out more about the Dojo, we follow the format of the London
Python Dojo[2] and I also created notes for running the Dojo as I
forget things:

    http://dougalmatthews.com/notes/running-a-code-dojo/

The dojo's are usually really well attended so make sure to get your
ticket now at:

    http://pythonglasgow-dojo-03-2014.eventbrite.co.uk/

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible there!

Dougal

[1]: https://github.com/python-glasgow/dojo-dojogenerator
[2]: http://ntoll.org/article/how-to-run-an-awesome-code-dojo