[Python Glasgow] Inaugural Python Glasgow E-mail

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:32:54 CET 2012

Hi,

After speaking briefly with Kevin Brolly in #python-glasgow on freenode we
would like to suggest meeting on the fourth Thursday of each month. We chose
this after looking at glasgow2[1] and the fourth week looks to be the most
available.

The one downside that I can see is that its two days after Python Edinburgh,
however I don't think many people made the trip through anyway and this
could
fit in well if there are ever to be joint events.

Since the next 4th Thursday is close and then the next clashes with
Christmas
we are looking to kick off the first meeting in January. This gives us
plenty
of time to arrange a venue and promote it to people.

However, before we start shouting the date around too quickly... If anybody
can think of an issue with the date it would be good to hear. We are also
looking for suggestions of venue - for both casual pub meets or somewhere
that can host talks.

Cheers,
Dougal

[1]: http://glasgow2.com/