[getopt-sig] Adding Optik to the standard library

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Thu, 30 May 2002 15:22:56 -0400

On 30 May 2002, Patrick K. O'Brien said:
> Any chance we could wean you off your preference for underscores? <wink>

Underscores where?  I dislike StudlyCaps except for class names; I
dislike camelCase even more.  (NB. it's called "camel case" because of
the hump, not because of any association with a certain popular
scripting language with a fondness for bactrians.)

I think method and function names should always be lower_case.  Probably
stems from too much time on Unix and a strong distaste for C++, Java,
Microsoft APIs, and all that newfangled stuff.  Plus, Tom Christiansen
(he of Perl fame) once argued that lower_case identifiers are easier for
non-native English speakers to read than StudlyCaps or camelCase, which
sounds like a good excuse to me.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - programmer-at-large                         gward@python.net