[FoxPUG] First meeting announcement

nguyen at uwosh.edu nguyen at uwosh.edu
Thu Jun 27 18:00:37 CEST 2013

I've forwarded this to the CS and IS departments as well as the campus Plone developer and Plone help mailing lists.

Also posted this news item, which will have gone out to Twitter on the #plone and #ploneedu hashtags and will appear on http://planet.plone.org:

http://www.uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/plone-activities-blog/first-meeting-of-new-oshkosh-area-python-user-group

:)

	Kim

On Jun 26, 2013, at 12:22 PM, Christian Long <christianzlong at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm happy to announce the first meeting of the Fox Valley Python User Group, "Foxpug" for short.

We will be meeting on Monday, July 1 at 7pm. The meeting will be in the computer lab, Halsey room 101, on the campus of the University of Wisconsin in Oshkosh.

Directions: Halsey Science Building, 921 Elmwood Ave, Oshkosh, WI. Halsey is on the corner of Elmwood and Scott Street. Park anywhere on Scott street. The computer lab is on the first floor at the south end of the building.

If you use Python, or you want to learn more about it, we welcome you. Python is a beautiful and practical language, and it powers many of the preeminent projects in web development, scientific computing, geographic information systems (GIS), and many other fields.

About the organizers
Christian Long is a consultant and programer in Oshkosh
Kathy Lynch is a faculty member in the Computer Science Department at UW-Oshkosh
Mamadou Coulibaly, Associate Professor, Geographic Information Systems, Department of Geography and Urban Planning (UW Oshksoh)

Thank you to Chris Calloway, whose Python Boot Camp was the impetus for the group, and who set up the early infrastructure. Thanks also to Kim Nguyen for organizing the great Plone Symposium Midwest conference that brought us all together in the first place.

You can contact us for more information. We are @FoxPython on Twitter, or email us at info at foxpug.org.

We also have a mailing list, which you can join here:

We look forward to seeing you on Monday July 1 at 7pm.

Christian Long