[Flask] Flask Extension Development Help

James Brosnahan James.P.Brosnahan at outlook.com
Fri Mar 11 23:50:59 EST 2022

I need help finding information on building a flask extension for data manipulation and analysis between existing flask database extensions and the main flask API routes.

I have read the instructions at Flask Extension Development<https://flask.palletsprojects.com/en/2.0.x/extensiondev/> but, I am confused by the example of a SQLite class. I am looking for information on writing an extension that flattens data from multiple tables using SQL Alchemy, loads the data to a pandas data frame, and then returns pivot tables of the data frames to an API route function that sends JSON to a client browser.