[Flask] Flask ways to get from the server to the front-end, short of JS?

ulrich ub at artfacts.net
Thu Jul 23 05:43:05 EDT 2020

On 2020-07-22 21:07, flaskee via Flask wrote:

> I like backend driven sites, rather than client heavy [React, Vue] js
> frameworks.

there's "light" frameworks too. check svelte https://svelte.dev/ for
example.

of course for purists there is always vanilla javascript if you have the
time to write things from scratch.

> In fact, I'd like to have the sites operate Without JS, as much as
> possible.
>
> Are there ways/what are the ways to get back and forth between server
> and client short of JS or a page refresh?

sure! have a look at web assembly: https://webassembly.org/

runs natively in the browser, boasts a light footprint, might be exactly
what you're looking for.

additionally use websockets to communicate and you should be very efficient.

> (I'm OK at XMLHttpRequest and it works well; but just seeing what
> others have used that does not count on javascript.)
>
> Thanks!

you're welcome, have fun!

ub