[Flask] S3 file manager app

Mandar Rahurkar rahurkar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 11:24:15 EST 2016

Are you uploading files via your webapp or do you have a mobile client
initiating the upload?
Usually I have seen people following this process:
1. Front end or app asynchronously uploads data to S3.
2. Send URL back to your backend.

If your use case dictates that you go the flask route, you might want to
look at boto python library.

Mandar

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 7:12 AM, Sean Davis <seandavi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Our group is just getting into using S3 and object storage.  We generally
> handle very large files (10GB+) and I want to create a lightweight web app
> that can store files into S3, manage metadata, and also manage auth/authen
> for the group.  I expect this to have both a web UI and RESTful API.  I
> have code for doing CORS-based uploads and for downloads with time-limited
> URLs.  It doesn’t look too hard, but I have learned that the Flask
> community often has something to offer, so I thought I would ask for tips
> or code from anyone who has done this type of thing before.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean
>
>> http://bit.ly/seandavis
> https://twitter.com/seandavis12

---
www.linkedin.com/in/radnam/
PhD, University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
217-390-7950
---