[Flask] Jade instead of Jinja2

jab at math.brown.edu jab at math.brown.edu
Fri Oct 16 17:10:43 CEST 2015

I just found this thread
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/flask/2015-August/000039.html> from
August:

On Tue Aug 18 21:04:50 CEST 2015, Alexandre Souza wrote:

> Hello, Christophe.
> I think Pyjade can be useful. Take a look:
> https://github.com/alexandre/pyjade-example
>
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2015, at 12:47, Christophe Bal wrote:
>
>> I am new to Flask. Is there a good support for Jade tempting instead of
>> Jinja2 ? How hard would be the task to build such a new plugin that can
>> also add some feature specific to Jinja2 ?

...and thought I would cross-post the comment
<https://github.com/syrusakbary/pyjade/issues/70#issuecomment-148740123> I
just made on the stalled PyJade issue
<https://github.com/syrusakbary/pyjade/issues/70> for mixin support:

I was looking for something like PyJade for my Flask project, and thought
> PyJade was the answer, but then found this issue and thought that not
> having mixins/macros would be so limiting as to be a deal-breaker. It looks
> like progress on this issue is stalled... In the meantime, I have to look
> for an alternative. A little more searching turned up Plim
> <http://plim.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html>; would anyone nominate
> that or some other alternative? Using Plim with Flask looks
> straightforward
> <http://plim.readthedocs.org/en/latest/frameworks.html#flask>, and IIUC
> its def tag <http://plim.readthedocs.org/en/latest/syntax.html#def-tag> would
> support the functionality that mixins in PyJade would.

Can anyone on this list post any relevant experience reports,
recommendations, etc.?

Thanks,
—jab