[Flask] Macro expansion/evaluation?

Jim Icenhower jicenhower at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 19:19:46 CEST 2015

Hi All,I'm sure this is a newbie question but I haven't been able to find the answer by searching. Probably because I don't know what this technique is called in Python. I have created a class which extends the Flask-Appbuilder Model class which extends a SQLAlchemy class. I'm trying to validate that all required fields are populated. I have created this function that returns all the mapped attributes of the class:
def get_obj_mapped_columns(dbObj):
    mapper = inspect(dbObj)
    return mapper.mapper.columns
This is my main class:
class Event(Model):
    EventID = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    EventKey = Column(String(30), unique=True, nullable=False)
    Name = Column(String(100), nullable=False)
    Description = Column(Text(1000), nullable=False)
    BeginDate = Column(Date)
    EndDate = Column(Date)
    RegBeginDate = Column(Date)
    RegEndDate = Column(Date)
    Location = Column(String(200))
    Address1 = Column(String(200))
    Address2 = Column(String(200))
    City = Column(String(20))
    State = Column(String(2))
    Zip = Column(String(10))
    URL = Column(String(100))
    Email = Column(String(100))
    Phone = Column(String(20))Which contains the following method:    def isValid(self):
        columns = get_obj_mapped_columns(self)
        for column in columns:
            if (NOT column.nullable):
                print column.name
                print self.<column.name>

I would like to substitute the value in <column.name> in such a way that it is evaluated as the field name of the Event object.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,Jim Jim