[Expat-discuss] Static Linking with MS VC 6.0

Michael Ray mike.ray at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 4 11:20:26 CEST 2011

Hello.

I've only just joined this mailing list so I don't know how active it is.

At the risk of asking this question in the wrong place, because I guess this
is more of a VC than an Expat issue...

I'm trying to statically link Expat with C sources in VC 6.0.  I am getting
LNK2001erros; undefined symbol.  It seems to add __IMP__ to the front of
function names.  I have searched for an answer but can't find a definitive
conclusion.

Does anyone have a small example .DSP or .DSW with a C (not CPP) source so I
can find the relevant linking switch?

I also read in one of the readme files that it is neccessary to define
XML_STATIC, but the explanation of why is inadequate.

Thanks.

Mike