[Expat-discuss] Expat loading the entire file in memory?

Guillaume Drevon Guillaume.Drevon at lumension.com
Wed Mar 30 18:08:31 CEST 2011

Greetings,

I am trying to use Expat for parsing a 500MB file. I read the file by chunks (of 1000 byte) and send them to the parser. However, the memory used by my application goes up to 550 MB.
The memory usage is entirely done by expat as the XmlParserFree does remove almost all memory consumption. I see that the memory is mostly used by the m_buffer member of the parser.

Am I doing something wrong? The purpose of this SAX-like parser is not memory usage?