[Expat-discuss] Trouble using static expat in MS VS2005

tyounger at questertangent.com tyounger at questertangent.com
Thu Apr 9 17:39:38 CEST 2009

That was my initial question when I started using Expat.

Here is the correct reply from Karl:

For static linking you need to define a specific symbol.
If I remember correctly it is XML_STATIC.

---
Tom Younger, B.Sc.
Lead Engineer, Marine Division
Quester Tangent
(250) 654-3316

             Srikanth Kanchari
             <Srikanth.Kanchar
             i at NIIT-Tech.com>                                           To
             Sent by:                  "expat-discuss at libexpat.org"
             expat-discuss-bou         <expat-discuss at libexpat.org>
             nces+tyounger=que                                          cc
             stertangent.com at l
             ibexpat.org                                           Subject
                                       [Expat-discuss] Trouble using
                                       static expat in MS VS2005
             04/06/2009 01:32
             AM

Hi,

I have to use the Static library of Expat.

I have downloaded expat-2.0.1

I want to use the expat_static,

I had compiled the files in Visual studio 6.0 and trying to use the Lib in
one more static library which I have created.

But the library is compiled but the Link error:

1>------ Build started: Project: ExcelXmlLib, Configuration: Release Win32
------
1>Creating library...
1>Build log was saved at "
file://d:\Library\Static\ExcelXmlLib\ExcelXmlLib\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>ExcelXmlLib - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: TestClient, Configuration: Release Win32
------
2>Linking...
2>excelxmllib.lib(XMLLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp__XML_SetUserData
2>excelxmllib.lib(XMLLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp__XML_ParserCreate
2>excelxmllib.lib(XMLLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp__XML_Parse
2>excelxmllib.lib(XMLLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp__XML_GetErrorCode
2>excelxmllib.lib(XMLLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp__XML_ErrorString
2>excelxmllib.lib(XMLLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp__XML_SetCharacterDataHandler
2>excelxmllib.lib(XMLLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp__XML_SetElementHandler
2>excelxmllib.lib(XMLLoader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __imp__XML_ParserFree
2>D:\Library\Static\ExcelXmlLib\Release\TestClient.exe : fatal error
LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals
2>Build log was saved at "
file://d:\Library\Static\ExcelXmlLib\TestClient\Release\BuildLog.htm"
2>TestClient - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Could you please suggest, how to use the libexpatMT.lib

Regards,
Srikanth Kanchari

________________________________
DISCLAIMER

The content of this email and any attachments ('email') is confidential,
may be privileged, subject to copyright and may be read and used only by
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please notify
us by return email or telephone and erase all copies and do not disclose
the email or any part of it to any person. Email transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure, or error free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost or destroyed as a result of the transmission process. The
sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors, omissions,
viruses or delay in transmission as a result of this mail. We monitor email
communications through our networks for regulatory compliance purposes and
to protect our clients, employees and business. Opinions, conclusions, and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of NIIT Technologies Ltd. or its affiliate(s) shall be understood
to be neither given nor endorse
 d by NIIT Technologies Ltd. or its affiliate(s).