[Expat-discuss] generated Makefile has wrong value set for INSTALL - 2

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri Sep 16 02:40:12 CEST 2005

* Andrew Hardy <Andrew.Hardy at marconi.com> wrote:

<snip>
> If there is an install existing in a bin directory in the users path then
> that one will be used instead of 'conftools/install-sh'.

Really cute. That's common practise with autoconf:

It always things it knows things better than the user. Could be a
product of the SCC ...

    Lyta:	Our great mistake. [ ... ]
    Delenn:	What mistake ?
    Lyta:	The first one. One one from which all errors proceed.
		The error of pride.

;-P

> This is the case for the user who tried to build since me.  However we want
> the build to be fixed and always use 'conftools/install-sh'.  I am guessing
> it is some kind of configure option, but I'm not sure which.

Well, installing is done by libtool. You could write your own libtool.
Hey, ... wait, ... I've already done this ...

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481