[Expat-discuss] Expat 2.0 pre-release

Steven Solie ssolie at telus.net
Fri Dec 23 19:18:23 CET 2005

On 23/12/2005, rolf at pointsman.de wrote:
> Unfortunately, it's not that easy. There are at least ll,
> L, q and, IIRC, I64 (windows) as long long formated output conversion
> syntax, AFAIK. I'm afraid, we need another define, say XML_LL_MODIFIER
> to be used in that expat sample programs as
>
>    ftprintf(stdout, T("%s:%" XML_LL_MODIFIER "d:%" XML_LL_MODIFIER
> "d: %s\n"),
>
> Not really beautiful, but probably inevitably.

One could take the approach of following ISO C99 which has
defined the long long type and the el el (ll) prefix for printf. The
next ISO C++ standard is going to follow in turn.

In the mean time, platforms that don't conform to C99 can do
their own hacking of the expat sources if need be with platform
specific #ifdefs or whatever.

I know a lot of platforms don't have C99 support but one would
expect they will slowly migrate over to the same syntax given it
is an international standard now.

--Steven