[Expat-discuss] CRLF conversion question

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Sep 7 15:44:32 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 09:16 am, Armin Bauer wrote:
 > Im working on multisync, which uses syncml. i have to send VCARD data
 > over syncml. A vcard looks like this:
 >
 > BEGIN:VCARD\r\n...
 > Is this a known bug and is there anything i can do about this?

I would strongly suspect that this is related to Expat myself.  Here's why.

XML requires normalization of line-ened sequences to \n.  There are ways to
encode \r\n so that you get it back; the easiest is:

BEGIN:VCARD
\n

I don't know anything about syncml, but if there's some way to encode binary
data, that may be an option as well.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>