[Expat-discuss] automatic release notification

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Wed Mar 17 17:29:46 EST 2004

* Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at acm.org> [2004-03-16 15:34:21 -0500]:

> On Tuesday 16 March 2004 03:28 pm, Greg Stein wrote:
>  > Looks like it was moved into the "premium" SourceForge service:
>  >
>  >     http://sourceforge.net/subscription.php
>
> That's not actually clear there, though it would sadden me.  Tracker
> monitoring, for instance, is still available for everyone.
>
> Of course, it's also not clear that it *wasn't* made part of the premium
> service.  ;-(

So, could we do it by ourselves (manually) ?

Perhaps such notification could be a simple mail in the form like:

== BEGIN PACKAGE RELEASE NOTIFICATION ==
package:	expat
branch:		stable
version:	1.2.3.4
location:	ftp://ftp.foo.org/pub/expat/expat-1.2.3.4.tar.bz2
location:	http://www.foo.org/expat/expat-1.2.3.4.tar.gz

== END PACKAGE RELEASE NOTIFICATION ==

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481