[Expat-discuss] Pre-release snapshot of Expat 1.95.8

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Jul 23 06:50:54 CEST 2004

Expat 1.95.8 is long overdue.

I've prepared a snapshot tarball from the current CVS; it's available at:

    http://www.libexpat.org/expat-2004-07-23.tar.gz

I won't be able to prepare and test a Windows package until tomorrow night,
but if anyone wants to take a look at what's in 1.95.8, I'd certainly
appreciate the feedback!

Here's what's in the Changes file for 2.8:

        - Major new feature: suspend/resume.  Handlers can now request
          that a parse be suspended for later resumption or aborted
          altogether.  See "Temporarily Stopping Parsing" in the
          documentation for more details.
        - Some mostly minor bug fixes, but compilation should no
          longer generate warnings on most platforms.  SF issues
          include: 827319, 840173, 846309, 888329, 896188, 923913,
          928113, 961698, 985192.

Thanks go to Karl for all the work he's put into this; the suspend resume
feature is really cool, and it's all his work!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>