[Expat-discuss] Thread Safety

Thomás Inskip tinskip at widevine.com
Mon Jul 12 22:45:24 CEST 2004

There is the possibility that two parsers could be allocated or
destroyed concurrently, although that is not the case I am seeing.  I
have one more theory:  Is there a document size limit?  I am not
dealing with a real document per se, but rather data streams which
carry a lot of XML data which is all parsed by the same parser (I
achieved this by priming the parser with a fake document outermost
element before starting to feed it the actual incoming XML).  So it
could conceivably be asked to parse several gigabytes of data (not all
in the same chunk, of course).