[Expat-discuss] Thread Safety

Karl Waclawek karl at waclawek.net
Mon Jul 12 19:50:35 CEST 2004

> I am seeing a crash within Expat 1.95.7 when parsing (valid) XML.  It
> appears to happen when more than one thread is using the library
> concurrently.  Does anyone know whether Expat is supposed to be thread
> safe, or does it perhaps need to be built with special options?

What do you mean with "more than one thread is using the library"?
Callbacks into different threads from the same parser instance?
Multiple threads calling into the same parser instance concurrently?

Expat is not thread safe, but as long as different threads use
different parser instances you should not have a problem.

Karl