[Expat-discuss] Problems compiling expat 1.95.8 on Solaris8platform

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Aug 4 05:13:51 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 07:46 pm, John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au wrote:
 > Thanks so much for your help.  I'm sure the problem is caused by our
 > organisation's policy of not loading software into /usr/local but your
 > suggestion has got around the problem!

Actually, I think the problem is due to stupidity in the GNU libtool.
Unfortunately, it's a tedious system, and the Expat contributor who set this
up for us hasn't had time to take care of our use of this tool for a while.
(Though he has started the second of two really cool jobs he's had since he
first implemented this for us.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>