[Expat-discuss] Expat Performance

Karl Waclawek karl at waclawek.net
Thu Jun 12 21:54:33 EDT 2003

> I have a problem of expat parsing being too much slow on a PDA device running Windows CE.
> Can anyone pinpoint some healthy rules for high performance parsing for large xml documents
> using EXPAT xml parser ? Or any ideas, hints, tips ?

Compared to what other parser? Does MSXML work on CE?
If yes, how does it compare to Expat?

As far as tips are concerned:
There is not much one can do. Maybe play with compiler options for Expat.
Use larger buffers when calling XML_Parse(Buffer).
Make sure that it isn't your handlers that consume most of the CPU cycles.

Karl