[Expat-discuss] Parsing External Entities

Carlos Pereira carlos at pehoe.civil.ist.utl.pt
Thu Jan 16 15:59:35 EST 2003

> > > 1.95.2-2 RPM from RH 7.3
> >
> > Please try the current CVS release. We have really done a lot of fixing.
> > A few bugs and a lot of conformance and feature completion
> > like UTF-16 output and NS triplets are working now.

> I do not need external entity parsing explicitly. I was just trying to
> get Expat to do whatever it can so that I can expose the functionality in
> my DOM ("DOMC"). I don't want users to be required to use a bleeding edge
> Expat. I will just punt on external entites for now. But it seems strange
> that these functions are available and do not work as advertised. Is
> this really the case that you simply cannot parse external entities with
> 1.95.2?

I have been using external entities in my code with Expat 1.95.2,
using XML_ExternalEntityParserCreate and XML_ParserFree etc. without
any problem. I have files that include other files which in turn
include other files, without any obvious nesting limit, and everything
works just fine, with this essentially recursive code.

Carlos