[Expat-discuss] stability question

Dan Rosen dr at netscape.com
Thu Feb 27 16:16:58 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm new on this mailing list, so apologies in advance if this question
is frequently asked. I need XML parsing functionality in a product I'm
working on, and expat seemed the obvious choice. However, I'm debating
between which of two versions to use: the old 1.2 available from James
Clark's site, or the new 1.95.6 from libexpat.org.

Stability is a requirement for me, and I noticed some disclaimer saying
that "odd-numbered minor versions should be considered beta-quality."
However, I'm wondering whether to take the disclaimer with a grain of
salt. My question is, which is *actually* more stable: 1.2 or 1.95.6?

Thanks,
Dan Rosen