[Expat-discuss] Tracking position in the chain

Steve Messer smesser at xmission.com
Mon Aug 18 13:23:36 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am having trouble tracking my position in the chain. I have tried
using a stack and the depth to track where I am at.
What is a good technique for tracking the current position?

Thanks,

Steve

> As well as the start and end handlers for a pair of tags, you need to
specify a char handler for the text (data ?) in between tags.

> Presumably, your start handler would have tracked the fact that you
are in the "chain"

> ...<head><ut>

> at the point that the char handler returns the string "F" to your
application. You then extract the string with the char handler and,
because you've kept > track of where you are, you store it wherever it
should go.