[Expat-discuss] How to parse a string instead of a file

Karl Waclawek karl@waclawek.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:07:02 -0400

> Hi all,
>
> Maybe it's a stupid question, but do you know to parse a string instead of
> passing a file to Expat parser?

Pass the string as the buffer to XML_ParseBuffer.

> In addition, do you know where I can find an API documentation of Expat
> internal functions?

We have recently started to add more comments to the source code,
but basically, the only approach I can recommend is reading the source.
James Clark wrote it at a very high level of sophistication,
but at this level it is clearly structured and there are no surprises.
Still, it isn't for the faint of heart.

Karl