[Expat-discuss] Can XML_Parse return a list of all errors if file not well-formed?

Karl Waclawek karl@waclawek.net
Thu Nov 21 18:15:15 2002

> Can XML_Parse return a list of all errors if file is not well-formed?
>
> The reason is our users are running MVS and VSE and unfortunately I
> couldn't find them any xml editors available to them.  So they may need to
> edit the xml files themselves and they will probably make some errors.
>
> Any information would be very appreciative!

Unfortunately, Expat stops at the first error.
However, the XML editors I have tried have the same behaviour.

It would not always be easy for an XML parser to continue
parsing after an error was encountered!

Karl