[Expat-discuss] CDATA Line Length limit ?

Karl Waclawek karl@waclawek.net
Thu May 9 13:42:02 2002

Can you e-mail me the file that causes Expat to die?

Karl

----- Original Message -----
From: <Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca>
To: <expat-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 4:37 PM
Subject: [Expat-discuss] CDATA Line Length limit ?

Hello,

Is there a limit to the length of a line in XML CDATA ? I've got some XML
being returned where the data is one HUGE (hundreds, possibly thousands of
characters) line ... And it looks like the parser is dying or returning an
error ...

It's hard for tme to track down because Expat is being used through Python
through an application, but from the various tests I've done, looks like
there is a problem there.

Is there such a limit ? What is it ? Can I change it ? If so where ?

Also, would there be any relation with the fact that the parser calls the
char_data function many times for the contents of an element ? The fact that
it cuts them up in chunks ? Maybe it does so only so many times ?

Any insight on how this works would be very helpfull, as this data that is
causing me problems will be growing even bigger in the future.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca