[Expat-discuss] Expat on AS400. Help needed !

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu Jul 25 08:01:02 2002

Marta Padilla writes:
 > - In OS400 file names cannot be longer than 8 characters so I had to change
 > file names like "xmltok_impl" and the source code of both library
 > and xmlwf (the application I was testing) with these changes.

Is that 8 character for the entire filename, or the first segment?
Does OS/400 use the old 8.3 scheme?  (Is there online documentation
for OS/400 from IBM?)

 > - Other "silly" issue was to change lines longer than 80 characters (another
 > wonderful feature of OS400) in all source code.

That's doable, though there will be some pain in xmlparse.c.  I've
committed the needed changes to most of the files in CVS.

 > Changing that, and including the os400.h file instead of
 > expat_config.h with the defines, should work.

It would be nice to support another platform!  Please send the new
header so I can get that added as well.

Thanks!

  -Fred

--