[Expat-discuss] expat instalation problems

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue Jan 15 08:02:06 2002

sc.brown@btinternet.com writes:
 > I am attempting to install expat on NT and am experiencing
 > problems. I need this for XML::DOM which requires expat.
 >
 > I have downloaded "expat_win32bin_1_95_1" but have experienced
 > problems with it. what do I need to do, simply copy over
 > "expat_1_95_1.dll" to a directory which is included in my path ?

I don't know what Perl requires, but the DLLs probably need to be
copied to somewhere on the path; I'd expect it to work fine if you
place them wherever the dynamically loaded modules are placed for
Perl.

Have you looked at the 1.95.2 version, or do the Perl modules
require the older version for some reason?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation