[Expat-discuss] XML Parser Error

Subramanian, Binu binu.subramanian@sciatl.com
Sun Aug 11 23:34:02 2002

Thanx Fred.

Found out that the parser searches for the specified DTD file in the current
directory
which was different from the path in which the XML file + DTD were located.

After setting the current directory to the directory where the DTD was
found, i didnt get
the error.

kr,
Binu

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred L. Drake, Jr. [mailto:fdrake@acm.org]
Sent: 10 August 2002 01:36
To: Subramanian, Binu
Cc: expat-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Expat-discuss] XML Parser Error

Subramanian, Binu writes:
 > I use the SAXInCpp wrapper for expat and try to parse my XML file. The
 > following is the first 10 lines.....The XML file is valid and is
 > viewed correctly in IE 6.0. I am working on VC 6.0 and Win 2 K.
 > I get the following errors:

 > XML Parser error Parse exception at 2,37
 > Could not resolve XML document
 > XML Parser error Parse exception at 2,37
 > error in processing external entity reference
 > Does anyone have any idea why?

It looks like the SAX wrapper is trying to resolve the system
identifier "1_EN.dtd" and can't.  Does the file exist?  Is it in the
same directory as the document?

Depending on the SAX wrapper's entity resolution support, it may not
be able to resolve relative references.  You should determine what the
capabilities of the supplied entity resolver are; the error message
from Expat (the last line of the output you provided) indicates that
the external entity handler signalled an error.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation