[Expat-discuss] Expat Problem on Solaris system!

Michael Tang ntang99@hotmail.com
Tue, 1 May 2001 10:25:14 -0700

On unix, the real library created is called libexpat.so.0. libexpat.so is=
 a symbolic link to it.

So you can either put both libraries in a directory existing in your LD_L=
IBRARY_PATH or modify the line in the makefile with "-h libexpat.so" opti=
on so that the library has the internal name "libexpat.so".

-michael

----- Original Message -----
From: Mohammad Khan
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 3:48 PM
To: expat-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Expat-discuss] Expat Problem on Solaris system!

Hi,
        I downloaded expat from http://expat.sourceforge.net link. Instal=
led it on Solaris platform using =20
                ./configure =20
                make
                make install

        commands, which install expat.h in /usr/local/include and libexpa=
t.so.0.0.1 in /usr/local/lib directory, respectively.
        When I compiled my C program which uses the expat.h header file, =
I got the following error message when try to run the program.

                ld.so.1: ./daemon: fatal: libexpat.so.0: open failed: No =
such file or directory
Killed =20

I will appreciate help on this? Sorry, if this question has been posted e=
arlier.

Regards.

Mohammad A. Khan
Cross Communications, Inc.