[EuroPython] EuroPython 2022 Dublin & Remote: CFP & Financial Aid & Mentorship Programme Open

Raquel Dou raquel at europython.eu
Tue Mar 8 09:51:34 EST 2022

Hi Pythonistas,

Whoever coined the phrase “All good things come in three”, was definitely
right. After months of work, the EuroPython 2022 team are really excited to
launch the Call for Proposals (CFP), Speaker Mentorship Programme & the
Financial Aid applications.
Call for Proposals

The EuroPython 2022 Call for Proposals (CFP) are accepting proposals for
talks, training sessions, workshops, panels, poster sessions, helpdesks and
other interactive sessions at EuroPython 2022!

The CFP is open from today 8th March to Sunday, 27th March,  23:59:59 AoE
(anywhere on earth)

To submit a proposal, head over to:
https://program.europython.eu/europython-2022/cfp

The conference will feature around 16 tutorials/workshops and 120 talk
sessions: four tracks on Python general topics and 2 tracks on PyData
related topics.

EuroPython is a community conference and we're eager to hear about how you
use Python in your professional and personal activities.
Speaker Mentoring Programme

Are you a seasoned speaker and want to mentor people? Are you considering
submitting a proposal to EuroPython 2022 and would like guidance? If the
answer is yes, our Mentorship Programme is for you!

The purpose of this programme is to pair experienced speakers with those
seeking guidance. In particular, we want to support speakers from
underrepresented backgrounds by pairing each with an experienced mentor who
can offer advice and feedback on talk ideas or answer any conference
questions.

The Mentorship Programme will accept applications for both mentors and
mentees till 20 March, 2022.

You can find more information and the link to sign up here:
https://ep2022.europython.eu/mentorship
Financial Aid

As part of our commitment to the Python community, the EuroPython Society
(EPS) is offering a grant of €20,000 for the 2022 Financial Aid Programme.

As part of the Financial Aid Programme, you can apply for three different
types of grants:

   -

   Free ticket: get a standard ticket to the conference for free
   -

   Travel / Accommodation: we will reimburse travel and/or accommodation
   costs up to €400
   -

   Visa Application Fee: get reimbursed for the costs of a single entry
   visa to Ireland (€60)

The Financial Aid Programme will run from 8th March, 2022 till 23rd May,
2022.

For detailed Finaid policies, please check out
https://ep2022.europython.eu/finaid

__________________________

You can read about these announcements more in detail here:
http://blog.europython.eu/europython2022-cfp-mentoship-finaid-launch/

We are planning to start ticket sales in *mid March*. If you would like to
be notified, please read on how to sign up to our newsletter :)
Sign up to our newsletter

As part of an effort to reduce communication channels and focus on
improving the quality, we are making most major announcements about the
conference through our blog and newsletters. You are very welcome to keep
using this mailing list to discuss EuroPython related things as many of you
have done for decades. But with time, we will reduce the number of
announcement emails sent to this ML. To get up-to-date information on the
conference, please sign up to our newsletter:
https://blog.europython.eu/#/portal/signup

See you in Dublin and online!

Cheers,

Raquel on behalf of