[EuroPython] EuroPython 2020: Please configure your tickets

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Tue Jul 14 14:00:30 EDT 2020

We would like to remind you how you can configure your tickets and
profiles, so that we get the right information for on-boarding you on
our Discord server in the coming days and your communication
preferences.

This is especially important in case you bought tickets for other
people. Without having the registered on our website and assigned a
ticket, we cannot on-board them to our Discord server.

Please see our blog post for screenshots:
https://blog.europython.eu/post/623636263112720384/europython-2020-please-configure-your-tickets

Log in to the website
---------------------

The first step to administer your tickets and account is to log in to
the website. If you don’t have an account yet, you can register easily
using email and password or Google authentication.

Please avoid creating multiple accounts, since this can easily cause
confusion and merging accounts is currently not possible.

Assigning tickets to other people
---------------------------------

If you are the buyer of the tickets, you can now assign the tickets to
other people, e.g. in your company.

In order to assign tickets, the people you want to assign them to need
to have an account on our system. Please tell them to register with
the EuroPython website and provide you with the email address they use
to register.

Once they have registered and you have the email address they used,
you can then go to the ticket section and reassign the ticket:

Click on “Assign ticket” and then enter the email address of the
person to assign the ticket to:

Clicking save will then transfer the ticket to the new user.

Configuring your ticket
-----------------------

If you have bought a ticket or have been assigned a ticket, please
check the configuration of the ticket.

This will take you to a form where you can find the name as we will
need it for the Discord registration, expected days of attendance and
a (funny) tagline to put on the badge.

Printing your invoice
---------------------

If you have bought tickets on the website, you will find the invoices
for the tickets on your account page as well:

You can download the invoice in PDF format, print and save it to your
records.

Configuring your EuroPython account
-----------------------------------

The website also provides a couple of other dialogs which allow you to
configure your account:

The “Profile settings” allow you to edit the profile shown on the
website. This is especially important for speakers, since their
profiles will be public and associated with their presentations.

The “Privacy settings” dialog allows you to opt-in to recruiting
emails from our sponsors (among other things):

If you happen to be looking for a new job or freelance opportunity,
this is a good way to get more information from sponsors who will
present in our recruiting session.

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social networks
as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/623636263112720384/europython-2020-please-configure-your-tickets

Tweet: