[EuroPython] More thoughts about conference's fees

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Feb 7 09:27:39 CET 2014

Hi Georg,

On 7 February 2014 07:55, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Ah yes. It used to be that Early Bird is open to anyone booking in a fixed time
> span.  Now it's 300 first-come, first-serve tickets sold out after not even
> 24 hours?!

EuroPython is not the place where I'd expect to have to wait in line
and jump at Early Bird tickets that are gone in under 24 hours.  This
is bogus.  I do hope that organizers --- if not of this conference, at
least of future conferences --- don't repeat that.

(I'm not a frustrated guy that missed his ticket; I often
book past the Early Bird date anyway for myself, as a small
contribution to support the conference, but I know that not everybody
has money to spare.)

A bientôt,

Armin.